LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

Members

No Right Click over LIS Links: What is your opinion?

A few people especially our female members of the LIS Links site raises the issue that their personal photographs are copied and hosted by someone else over other sites. They asked for a remedy. Then I thought of disabling the right click option. Perhaps you all noticed that it was implemented on Friday, April 8, 2011. Now, enabling this options pose problem in managing the site itself. Further, it is not a full proof mechanism to stop copying the photographs. So what’s your personal opinion?

Views: 440

Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

PVZ ur idea is very good.

sir,

Disabling the right click is a good decision if it can prohibits copying someone's personal photographs. but at the same it is also creating problem to open one and more page at the same time. So it is better not to upload those photos which may harm him/her.

Mr. Badan Barman this is right step for privacy of images of LIS user specially females members. Some  unauthentic and culprit mind person may  be upload theses images on  any vulgar web sites, but you take strong measures for  stopping this because any  dummy user  may take images from your site and with the help of image editing software, they can edits the images as require . my one suggestion that you should disable the keyboard print screen feature because any laymen user may be copy  and paste these images , as i copy and paste your image. 

Dear Azam,

Actually in my knowledge there is no option to disable the print screen option.

dear sir, first of all I wud like to say that i m fully agreed with akhtar sir and parvej sir.
disabling the right click is not gud for us coz due to lack of time sometimes we want to copy some inf.
But by this action of urs we cnt. One thing i wnt to tell everyone that this just
only the blaming on others that members are copying their personal photos.
I wnt to ask the question of those females who r worrying about their photo,,,,,
dnt u ever affix ur photo anywhere else except lislink???????
In any examination?? interview?? Facebook?? Orkut??
Or dnt you ever taken ur photo in any conference? Workshop .....etc??
Well I have lots of of questions in my mind but.........i hope this will be sufficient.

Madam,

You come with a very good reply.

I think Anita solanki's view is right. Every males / females should think as Anita.

R.K.Sinha

thank u sir for such a nice compliment. My intension was to say that lislink is safe rather then others.
dear all lis members, plz upload ur own photos on ur profile
so that we gt sure about ur id. Yes we can sure through the
mutual friends but even that we wnt to knw abt u. There
shudn't be anything fake like facebook or orkut.
Thanks

rgds,
Anita Solanki
The topic for discussion is worthless. I think there is no harm in Uploading a PP photograph. Right Click button should be enabled for other benefits.

Dear all,  

Mind is not ready to accept that, we the proffeional behave like to hurt others by copying their personal photograph & remedy for own self.

After celebration 100 yeras of Library Movement & Library education in India throughout the year, what we are doing consistent here? (yes sir ,no sir, agree sir)

This is Nothing but, doubtful issues.  If this is being ahead, then I am regret saying, we are nothing but a Information thief.not Librarian. Neither  respective person nor any  reference person.

Mess up on a small issue.......... 

No Comments.......

RSS

© 2024   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Koha Workshop