LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

Members

Are Library and Information Professionals are sweepers?

In Gujarat the Library and Information Science professionals have no value. We are like peon. Our salary is 900 to 2,500 per month, but our expenditure on education is Rs. 22,000.

My friends please do something to improve the situation. We have to evolve to demonstrate what really the librarianship is.

Some strong library association should be formed.

Views: 2946

Replies are closed for this forum.

Replies to This Forum

right

Best motivation....

Dear sir,

i read your stiry. that was sad. every body suffer in life . Life ka dusara namm hi sangharsh hain. jabb ki jaise app ne kiya. main yaha bol raha tha ki kuchh studnts mlisc ke bhale hi mazboori main lekin 2000 se 3000 main job ke liye taiyar ho jate hain to hamari sal value down hoti hain. logo ko rozgar chiye to rozgar ke liye business sabse best rasta hain na!! kishne kaha ki lis ka padhne ke badd business nahi kar shakte. main abhi advtising ka business kar raha hu .jab tak achhi job nahi milti. haan safalta ak din app ke kadam chumegi lekin ye sabb ke nasib main nahi hota.

Sir, Library prof ko Anna hazare chiye jo acedamic work na kare aur gov recruitment ke liye bhi awaz uthaye. to ye sambhav nahi hain ...hum atleast LIS ya facebbok se apana apana asso ki mazzbaut kar shake yeahi samy ki mang hain!

jay hind jay bharatmata!!

harshal

Dear Sir

you are not a single person who is facing this major problem. I'm also working under unlettered HOD and she is CHIEF LIBRARIAN AND she is only Graduate and Me M.Phil, PGDLAN and Pursuing MBA and good academic record and Management called her HOD. this unfortunate.you can see to her left side in green saree and she cant write fluently Hindi and English but she is Chief Librarian. It is so sad for LIS field.This situation is in Medical College.

ohhh...Rajnish ji it's very bad with u and there is no one who care about u and ur knowledge and degree that u have.

what is your ur job...? in ur library.

rajnish ji AKELE nahi hain..Bhagya hain jinko UGC KA SCALE milta hain. scale to chod ak time ka khana.

seeeeeeeee.

sir U r right but as a MLISC student i don't want High salary i just want only 3500 to 5500 at starting level. but If u listen when i am saying now a sentence Our degree is sold out in market. One homeopath collage purchase a man and he/she geting 10000 p.m. and doing other business. when on behalf of Librarian 18 to 15 yr's GIRLS are handling library without degree / knowledge.

SHOCKED!! 

this is reality. like Pharmacists. One nursing collage rajkot offering 1500 rs per month and wish MLISC + Net.

Ha ha ha.. What a Joke sir...U know we Have to come togather on one satge otherwise private Uni/collages

will drink us.

Thnxs, harshal anjaria

MADURAI KAMRAJ UNIVERSITY, AHMEDABAD CENTER

B.COM MLISC  

u r right sir. i am also on facebook harsh anjaria id is there.

sir U r right but as a MLISC student i don't want High salary i just want only 3500 to 5500 at starting level. but If u listen when i am saying now a sentence Our degree is sold out in market. One homeopath collage purchase a man and he/she geting 10000 p.m. and doing other business. when on behalf of Librarian 18 to 15 yr's GIRLS are handling library without degree / knowledge.

SHOCKED!! 

this is reality. like Pharmacists. One nursing collage rajkot offering 1500 rs per month and wish MLISC + Net.

Ha ha ha.. What a Joke sir...U know we Have to come togather on one satge otherwise private Uni/collages

will drink us.

Thnxs, harshal anjaria

B.COM MLISC  

Yes sir...sometime i even feel after telling that i m lib sci graduate, ppl give me a vry weard expression.....and ask me wat is ur work....nw a days there is no use of library...and librarian.......

that time i always feel  why we are treated lik this, nobody to a clerk that what is ur nedd and wat is ur wok....

why only v have to face these kind of questions....

we have to somthing

So sad sir ishke liye hi kab se bolta hu AK Strong association chiye.

Sir,

I  fully agree with ur status and atatement..at any point of time, It happens with all of us in this profession .

Now the time to make them realize that V Librarians are no more Dignified clerks now V are INFORMATION SCIENTISTS and MOBILE ENCYCLOPEDIAS..coz teachers are master of a particular subject but V ppl are having knowledge of all subjects and with our services vV provide then information time to tie which they hardly know sometimes..

Dear friends,

I already stated that librarians are paying lesser than accountant, driver and clerk. A person simply had MBA and one year experience means He/She may called as Assistant Professor and AICTE pay. If a librarian must have MLISc & MPhil amount of five years experience to join in the college. Then only the librarian may able to get 10000. One or two college may give good response to librarian but not at all.

Word are sweets that we are all information scientists and teachers of masters. But in reality?

So we need to start campaign...!  

yes U r Fuuuuuuuuuuuullllyyyyyyyyyyyy Right right right i like reply. sir ...here i shocking news..

SHOCKED!! 

know we Have to come togather on one satge otherwise private Uni/collages

will drink us.

Thnxs, harshal anjaria

B.COM MLISC  

Dear "survival of fittest" rule is applicable every where, eligible librarian got good salary and respect every where,

(1) most of Librarian are only Books clerk ,

(2)Library is  a part of  any organization so first we should follow organization behavior than apply lib sc rules  

(3)a faculty get a designation after many competition and degree, but some librrian got their job only after one year correspondence course. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Koha Workshop