LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

Members

The Question Papers, Keys and Online Feedback System for Answer Keys (for UGC NET held on 29th Dec., 2013) are available upto 3-3-2014 (midnight).

The candidates who have appeared in NET held on 29th Dec., 2013 can give online feedback upto 3rd March, 2014 (midnight).

The result will be prepared on the basis of updated answer keys.

No further grievance of the candidates regarding the keys will be entertained after 3rd March, 2014 (midnight).

http://ugcnetonline.in/Answer_keys_december2013.php

Views: 4054

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

PAPER - First, Series X

Q. No. 33 

While delivering lecture if there is some disturbance in the class, a teacher should 

(A) keep quiet for a while and then 
continue. 
(B) punish those causing disturbance. 
(C) motivate to teach those causing disturbance. 
(D) not bother of what is happening in the class.

Right Answer is A not C (While delivering a lecture if there is some disturbance in the class, a teacher should: In this question in option C. Hindi and English version are different. Hindi version of option C- jo badha daal rahe ho unhe sikhane ke liye prerit kare. and English version of option c is -motivate to teach those causing disturbance. These two version are totally different. hindi version of option c seems to be the answer. But considering the ugc's notification that if there is any dispute over any question the English version will be deemed final the whole question becomes absurd because in c option teach means padhana not learn as option Hindi sikhna, so the right answer is option A)

Q. No. 56

Given below are two premises. Four conclusions are drawn from these two premises in four codes. Select the code that states the conclusion validly drawn. Premises: (1) All saints are religious(major) (2)Some honest persons are saints(minor). The answer in my opinion is B- Some saints are honest. whereas in the key it is given C- Some honest persons are religious.

(I have book of Popular Master Guide UGC-NET Paper-I Teaching and Research Apptitute By Dr. M.S. Ansari: have the same question and the given is B.Some saints are honest. So, I think the right answer is B instead of UGC given option C)

PAPER - Second

Ques. No. 17

Which of the following countries do not have a code of Ethics for library 
profession ? 
(i) America (ii) Sri Lanka 
(iii) India     (iv) China 
Codes : 
(A) (i) and (ii) are correct. 
(B) (i) and (iv) are correct. 
(C) (iii) and (ii) are correct. 
(D) (iii) and (iv) are correct.

In given answer series all option have two countries, so there is no Right Answer, Because except India, All three Countries (America, Sri Lanka & China) have already Code of Ethics for Library Profession, it's mark should be common for all candidates.

Q. No. 29

Match the following : 

List – I List – II 
a. W. Edward Deming        i. Quality Control Circles 
b. Joseph M. Juran            ii. TQM 
c. Armand V. Feigenbaum  iii. Planning, Control, Improvement 
d. Kaoru Ishikava               iv. Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) 
Codes : 
a b c d 
(A) ii iii iv i 
(B) iv ii i iii 
(C) iii iv i ii 
(D) iv iii ii i

Right Answer is A Not D (Previous year answer key UGC have the answer key for the answer for W.Edward Deming is related to TQM. So, I think the given answer of UGC is wrong)

Q. No. 37

Assertion (A) : Indian National Bibliography is the most comprehensive source of Indian publications.
Reason (R) : National Library of Kolkata is entitled to receive one copy of each Indian publication under Delivery of Book Act.
Codes :
(A) (A) is true, but (R) is false.
(B) (A) is false, but (R) is true.
(C) Both (A) and (R) are true.
(D) Both (A) and (R) are false.

UGC given answer is B Right answer is C (I think most of the country have the National Bibliography for their country publication like INB, BNB etc. and INB, BNB is the Government publication. So the most comprehensive source of any country is their National Bibliography. So the Indian National Bibliography is the most comprehensive source of Indian publications is True)

Q. No.41

Assertion (A) : Reference section in a Library became insignificant.
Reason (R) : The Web. 2.0 services replaces the reference desk services.
Codes :
(A) (A) is true, but (R) is false.
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true.
(C) Both (A) and (R) are false.
(D) (A) is false and (R) is true.

UGC given answer is B Right answer is A (Reference desk services have an importance in any library so I think Web 2.0 service is not replace the reference desk service)

PAPER - Third

Q. No. 23

Which of the following are the main role operators of PRECIS ?
(i) Key System
(ii) Action
(iii) Performer of action
(iv) Form of Document
Codes :
(A) (i), (ii) and (iii)
(B) (ii), (i) and (iv)
(C) (i), (iii) and (iv)
(D) (ii), (iii) and (i)

UGC given answer is A (Here one think is clear the answer option A and D have the same answer series A. i, ii and iii D. ii, iii and i both answer have same answer i.key system ii.Action iii.Performer of action. So, I think both A and D is right answer)

Q. No. 27

Which of the following are called ‘path finders’ to the literature ?
(i) Bibliography
(ii) Catalogue
(iii) Shelf List
(iv) Indices and Abstracts
Codes :
(A) (i) & (ii) are correct
(B) (i), (ii) & (iv) are correct
(C) (i) & (iv) are correct
(D) (ii) & (iii) are correct

UGC give option C (please see the link http://spectrum.library.concordia.ca/5591/1/LVileno_RSR_Vol35_No3.pdf here catalogue is also the pathfinder. So I think correct answer is option B)

Q. No. 31

The sources of hypothesis, as enunciated by P.V. Young are 

(i) Genealogy    (ii) Culture 
(iii) Experiment (iv) Analogy 
Codes : 
(A) (i), (ii) and (iii) are correct 
(B) (i), (iii) and (iv) are correct 
(C) (i), (ii) and (iv) are correct 
(D) (ii), (iii) and (iv) are correct

Right Answer is B NOT C

Q. No. 38

Arrange the following according to their year of emergence :
i. ADINET (1994)         ii. SIRNET (1991)
iii. MANLIBNET (1998) iv. DELNET (1988)
Codes :
(A) i iv ii iii
(B) iv ii iii i
(C) iv iii ii i
(D) iii i iv ii

UGC give answer B but in the right series is iv, ii, i, iii this series in not available in the given question paper. So I think the option answer is given to all the candidates.

Please see the question & answer and give the right comments on these question. So we give the right feedback to UGC before 03.03.2014.

Mr. Zubair Ahmad

You are absolutely right.

There are some mistakes, EITHER of coding OR selection in answer keys.

Plz Discuss & reply to UGC in feedback. 

in paper 3 q.31, which is the ryt answer b or d. u typed b and darkened d...

Sorry Madam

You are right in paper 3 q.31, right answer is b. By mistake d is darken.

Q.21 While delivering lecture if there is
some disturbance in the class, a
teacher should
(A) keep quiet for a while and then
continue.
(B) punish those causing
disturbance.
(C) motivate to teach those causing
disturbance.
(D) not bother of what is happening in the class. Right Answer is (C )

Before ugc net exam this anser is wrong. but ugc 29 dec 2013 ans.option C is right so Rigiht Ans.C (check many book )

yes q no.21 paper 1 series W r8 answer is C

plz ager kisi se ho ra hai to plz ugc feedback right ans pa do. main 2 din se try kar rhi hoo ugc feedback error a rha hai. plz

Mr. S K

You are absolutely right.

but try again & again

Madam S K

keep it continue, site is getting feedback.

PAPER-III  Q.NO. 42

UGC has given answer B but right answer is D

Q.NO.65- assertion and reseaning

ugc given answer D but right answer is B

plz give the feedback to UGC

Mrs. Reshma D

R A is D NOT B

Please see the LINK below

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Gorman_(librarian)

Reshma, After click above link, there are three links, please click again link second, that is 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Koha Workshop