LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

Members

There are 8004 members on LIS Links : Library and Information Science

As on today, there are 8004 members on LIS Links : Library and Information Science Links (http://lislinks.com). In this occasion please share your views and comments within 300-500 words under this thread. If your comment is accepted then you will get a silver badge in your profile photo, the silver members will be promoted to Gold members and so on.

Views: 929

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

You know, people are always extolling 'truth' and 'real life'
and 'truth is beauty'. I don't think that; I don't think that
that's beauty. You can't really come face to face with reality
too frequently or for too long a time because it'll wipe you
out. It's too brutal; it's too terrible a thing.

When I join this site I never thoughts that it is so useful for me .
Its make me upto date about what was happening in Library field. I
Thank the Creator of this site.I believed

"Miracles are small everyday things".

Without LIS i never planned a carrer in Library field.My journey to find the right kind of people and site for my carrer has been tough. But I really thank LIS making it possible.
LIS made up of thousands of others. If LIS spoken one word of encouragement for me , It has entered into the make-up of my character and of my thoughts, as well as my success.

Congratulation for the Happy Moment !!!

A nice quote by Pablo Picasso

"Action is the foundational key to all success"

I have been seeing the growth of  LIS link is increasing in a supper-first express speed.

As the recent  information "Growth of 2,000 members just within 6 month only".
It is very pleasure to us. I can't explain the Happy Moment !!!

Really I am very Happy and thanks to all the members of LIS link who helps to reach on this position.

Comparative:

This Link was developed in February 26, 2008.
Reached in 6,000 members in September 27, 2011.

Now  more than 8,000 members till  today March 22 , 2012.

In my view although recently it have taken only 6 months for connect with 2,000 members,but I think the next 2,000 members (Group of 10,000 members) will be connected within the next 3 months (Last of June 2012). Because the promotion of our link is increasing day to day.

Wish & waiting for the bright future of LIS link

Regards,

NIRANJAN

Really , this is good growth and i think LIS Link is a great platform for library and information field i am sure for bright future of this site. All library professional should keep it up.

Thanks

Rajeev Kr. Sinha

I always amazed to see the growth of LIS LINKS, as I mentioned earlier this LIS LINKs is connecting library professional across India and even abroad.  I strongly consider, having 8000 members in a professional group is good enough or more than enough to make any kind of impact for the community which the group is belonging to. In another words, LIS LINKS is good enough to bring upliftment in the library profession in India from State to Centre and South to North.

In this 8000 it is certain that all level of library professionals are part of it, I mean from students to scholars and library assistants to head librarians.  My views are, this LIS LINKS should serve all of them, this should feed to every level of library professionals. I would like to see debates of the scholars, conversation among the senior librarians and discussions of the technocrats and of course, guidance for the beginners.  When there is an involvement from all level of the library professionals it eventually makes impacts for the betterment of the library society.

LIS LINKS which is having growing population of more than 8000 has potential to take the Indian library profession to another level by the way of educating the members, introducing technologies, encouraging researches and building knowledgeable future librarians.  Online presentations, webinars, online tutorials, teleconferences on regular basis by subject experts and seniors of the Indian library community through LISLINKS can make the simple members to experts.

To help beginners and junior level professionals, all time available tutorials (digital format) for the basic topics of the library field are to be developed with the contribution of the subject experts and Glossary for the modern day library terms to be prepared. These are to be posted in the designated section in the LISLINKS. By this way LISLINKS can avoid repeated postings on basic topics.

By doing the above, LISLINKS will experience significant shift in the future which will lead to the national wide advancement in the field of library science.

Thinking modern library movement in India? LISLINKS can be one among the catalyst!

Attachments:
Amazing to see such a growth.chnge its name from LISLINK to LISBOOK becase it has networked LIS professionals and working same as facebook.

Wish you Happy Ugadi (New Year) to all the members of Lis Links.

Unity always performs better than individuals, this is once again proved by Dr. Badan Barman by bringing all LIS professionals  under his network. The response shown by the LIS professionals to modern technology is well appreciable and need of the hour otherwise it is hard to survive in the competitive world. I wish all LIS professionals working in India should compulsorily join the LIS Links in order to bring a unique national professional network.

Regards

M.S.Patil

Dear LIS Professionals

With God's garce we have reached upto this level and hope LIS link will get more n more success in future. 

This link provides us up-to-date knowledge about LIS field and the credit for this goes to the creator and developers and offcourse each and every member of this link.

This link is very beneficial for the freshers and job seekers. The disscussions on current issues keeps our mind sharp and active and it provides a good platform to share our views.

So this a a happy moment to share our Joy and success. :D

Dear LIS Professional,

As we know the status of librarian/library science is not very high as other profession. So we have to work hard to improve our profession's reputation. Many of the agencies in India working over the improvement of LIS Profession but they are not very much success in their effort. So we can proudly say that LIS Links is playing a vital role in the development of the LIS Profession and maintaining the reputation of the we librarian.

We are very thankfull to Mr. Badan Barman, who takes the initiative to connect the LIS professional all from over the INDIA through LISLINKS.

LIS links is a very good plateform for LIS professionals. It provde facility to share our knowledge and ideas to other professional. It provde up-to-date information of the LIS profession included jobs, confrences/seminars, blogs, etc by the registerd member of the lislinks. 

We are really thankful to Badan Sir to take this initiative to developmant of our prosession.

THAN YOU

Its very good simptum to have 8004 members I call it as a simptum because simptum is the result  after some illness . Library field was in some bad phase before few years ago , but now it is good turn to us.And now it is our duty to do some truthful,Hence by taking this apportunity I would like to discuss about the topic for journals on which we can wridht

It's very  good situation that LISlinks have it's members are 8004.  LIS Proffessionals are sharing their view in each & every topics. posting jobs & talking about some issues which are very beneficial for upcoming new fresher community in LIS field.

I wish for the bright future of Lislinks...

Hai & Hello to all LIS Members,

Really I am very Happy and thanks to all the members of LIS link.really this is good growth and i think LIS Link is a great platform for library and information field i am sure for bright future of this site. All library professions should keep and use it this link.

Congratulations Mr. Badan!

It could be possible only because of your great efforts. May we all be together and this number will be increasing day by day.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Koha Workshop