LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

Google AdSense for Google Sites is Sunsetting on 30th August, 2013

Today 10.35 pm (25/07/2013) I received the following email fromsites-noreply@google.com

Hello,

We’re writing to let you know about some important changes that will be happening to AdSense on Google Sites. Starting on August 30th, it will no longer be possible to make updates to AdSense on your Google Site.

Any ads that you currently have running will not be altered or removed. However, it will no longer be possible to edit or add new ads to your existing site or new pages.

This change does not require any action on your part and will not affect the current implementation of ads on your site.

To read more details about this change, please visit the help page.

Yours sincerely,

The Google Sites Team

© 2013 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043
You have received this mandatory email service announcement to update you about important changes to AdSense on your Google Sites account.

Again from source (https://support.google.com/sites/answer/3156640?hl=en) quote

Sunsetting AdSense

Some important changes are coming to AdSense on Google Sites. By August 30, 2013, it will no longer be possible to make updates to AdSense on any of your Google Sites.

No change is required on the part of AdSense users. Any ads that you currently have running will not be altered or removed, though you’ll be free to delete ads yourself. However, it will no longer be possible to edit or add new AdSense ads to your existing site or to new pages.

Now my personal opinion

Anything and everything is possible in Google. But the title of the help page “Sunsetting AdSense” is quite ominous. I am very much sure they are not ending the Google AdSense but ending Google AdSense for Google Sites as Google AdSense is one of the main revenue generating platform for Google.

The closing of the Google AdSense for Google sites may be an indication that they are going to shut down the Google Sites as well. Google very recently closed a lot of its product. So, it would not be a surprise if they are going to close the Google Sites soon.

Views: 476

Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Mr Barman, if google decides to close its sites, than its major product blogspot will also get affected. In this case most of the blogs will come under shadow......I dont think, google will take any type of such risk...........wt u say..............

Dear Dev,
Firstly I am very much happy to see your comment after a long run.
Very recently Google Closed Down Google Reader, Google Waves, Google Knol, etc.
They are giving priority to highly-used product and weeding out low-used products. It frequently happened with Google. I am very much sure Google Sites is a low-used product list of Google, so it would not be a surprise if they will close the Google Sites in near future.
However the same cannot be said to Blogger. Blogger is a mostly used product. Its in the 13th mostly used sites in the World (accordingly to Alexa ranking). So it is not going to be closed.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Koha Workshop