LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

Members

Please give feedback for following questions

Paper I

58. Which of the following is a source of emissions leading to the eventual formation of surface ozone as a pollutant ?
(A) Transport sector
(B) Refrigeration and Airconditioning
(C) Wetlands
(D) Fertilizers

9. Nowadays the most effective mode of learning is
(A) self study
(B) face-to-face learning
(C) e-learning
(D) blended learning

Paper II

28. Which of the following are prohibited under copyright ?
(i) Downloading a document, printing multiple copies
(ii) Placing a copyright protected document on web-server
(iii) Downloading a document and save it in folder
(iv) Downloading a document with license to use and E-mailing it
Codes :
(A) (i), (iii) and (iv) are correct.
(B) (i), (ii) and (iii) are correct.
(C) (iii), (iv) and (ii) are correct.
(D) (i), (ii) and (iv) are correct.

31. Match the following queries with their appropriate category of reference source :
List – I List – II
a. Enrolment of students in a university i. Yearbook
b. Weather of Denmark ii. Statistical source
c. No. of foreigners visited World Book Fair in 2011 iii. Directory
d. No. of hospitals in China iv. Geographical Source
Codes :
a b c d
(A) iv iii i ii
(B) i iii ii iv
(C) ii iv i iii
(D) iii iv i ii

43. Assertion (A) : In conducting research, Social Sciences are not considered at par with natural sciences.
Reason (R) : Research in Social Sciences can’t be performed so rigorously as can be in Natural Sciences.

Codes :
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true.
(B) Both (A) and (R) are false.
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false.
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true.

Paper III

26. Which set of rules is applicable for exchange of files over Internet ?
(A) FTP/IP
(B) HTTP
(C) HTML
(D) HYPERLINK

34. The process of planning, allocating, organizing and evaluating library tasks and activities within the framework of major objectives, mission and policy refers to
(A) Functional control
(B) Functional Classification
(C) Functional Approach
(D) Functional Authority

71. Assertion (A) : Maximizing the access to information in higher education is the motto of UGCINFONET Project.
Reason (R) : The financial grants of UGC-INFONET are not being fully utilized by all University Libraries for the assigned purpose.

Codes :
(A) Both (A) and (R) are false.
(B) (A) is true and (R) is partially true.
(C) (A) is true and (R) is false.
(D) (A) is false and (R) is true.

Views: 2982

Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

mam right

B correct, of P-1 Ques. 11 (eleven)

give feedback immediate.

Paper iii,Q.No 10 also UGC gave wrong answer,I think D is the right answer.What you think?@Harish Patil

18: cache (RAM u can change according you your choice and motherboard support< cache is compatible with speed of processor)

26: HTTP (there is no protocol called FTP/IP, only FTP exists)

Which set of rules is applicable for exchange of files over Internet?

FTP, File Transfer Protocol, is a protocol through which internet users can upload files from their computers to a website or download files from a website to their PCs. Originated by Abhay Bhushan in 1971 for use in the military and scientific research network known as ARPANET, FTP has evolved into a protocol for far wider applications on the World Wide Web with numerous revisions throughout the years.

FTP is the easiest way to transfer files between computers via the internet, and utilizes TCP, transmission control protocol, and IP, internet protocol, systems to perform uploading and downloading tasks.

So,I think FTP/IP should be the correct answer.

Thanks.

18. Name the storage medium (compatible with speed of CPU) for storing instructions or data temporarily during processing 

Random Access Memory (RAM)

Random Access Memory (RAM) is the part of the computer that temporarily stores the instructions that the computer is running, and the data it is processing.

RAM is a volatile storage device. This means that if the computer’s power is turned off the contents of RAM disappear and are lost

RAM, like the CPU, also plugs in to sockets on the motherboard.

When a computer is in use, its RAM will contain…
  1. The operating system software
  2. The application software currently being used
  3. Any data that is being processed

Cache memory is random access memory (RAM) that a computer microprocessor can access more quickly than it can access regular RAM.

So,I think RAM is the corrrect answer.

Thanks.

Random Access Memory (RAM) is the right answer. Ur reason is  right @ Sucheta Bhattacharjee

option A is correct

RAM ids correct

give feedback to UGC

Mr.  Apurba Jyoti Majumder 

ur both answer is supporting UGC, but data store temporarily during processing only at RAM and cache memory store instructions at off mode also on not permanent basis.

Moreover, FTP/ IP is written, so according to me as "/" is given so we should not think this protocol by combine FTP+IP....

Please provide ur reason by rejecting my answer if u r not agree...

Thanks

Paper II Q. No 15

Zotero Reference Manager

What is Zotero?

Zotero is software that allows you to easily collect, manage, and save bibliographic information about the items you find on the Web. It also works with word processing programs to help you easily cite your sources as you write.

When you visit a page that Zotero recognizes as a bibliographic item, such as an item in a library catalog or database, an icon will appear at the right-hand end of your browser's address bar.  The appearance of the icon depends on the type of resource being viewed, with the most common being the book icon and the lined page icon representing a journal article.

When you click on the icon, information about the item you are viewing will be automatically entered into your Zotero library.

If the page or other resource you want to save does not register with Zotero as a bibliographic source, you can add the item manually using the "new item" button (the green circle with a plus sign), and choose the type of resource that you want to add. This menu allows you to add non-web-based resources such as printed books, letters, and documents.

http://www.ithacalibrary.com/sp/subjects/zotero

RSS

© 2024   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Koha Workshop