LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

Members

Latest Activity

Damodar Dashrath Waghmare is attending Dr. U. Pramanathan's event
8 hours ago
Prem prakash posted a status
"library science net syllebus and which publications prefer for net exam preparation"
9 hours ago
Dr. Prabhat Ranjan replied to Bahni Mukhopadhyay's discussion Staff Pattern in College Libraries
Thursday
Azmit Begum Chowdhary is attending DAYAL SINGH BHATI's event

IASLIC 30 TH NATIONAL SEMINAR 2024 at ALIGARH MUSLIM UNIVERSITY ALIGAR UP

November 21, 2024 at 9pm to November 23, 2024 at 7pm
Wednesday

Dear all LIS professionals,

I want to know about the direct source/link/website from where we can find discount price of publisher for different- 2 subject related books. If link is available kindly tell me.

Views: 92

Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Dear Sri Deep Chandra Lohani,

Thanks for your post. However, the question you have raised seems to be too touchy for any supplier. There is no clear cut norms (besides only a few publisher) about discount. It varies. But generally, for books, it ranges from 25% to 35% However, this too is flexible/negotiable. Same publisher offer different types of discounts for different types of books. As I understand some local publishers offer even 45% to even 55% (& sometimes, even more!) discount.

Standard publishers generally do not provide more than 35% discounts (except bulk copies of text books to schools!)

International Publishers offer higher discounts for some high priced reference books available in sets.The same publisher offer lower discounts for higher education books.

There are certain titles which are rather compelling necessities for some course of studies & in case a publisher has monopoly of such titles, they offer lesser discounts as business tricks. Even the cost of books vary according to countries (it depends upon the purchasing capacities; for instance purchasing capacity of people of Singapore is higher than those of India)

I hope I could explain your query.

Sincerely,

Siddhartha S. ray, Calcutta

RSS

© 2024   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Koha Workshop