DR. HARISINGH GOUR VISHWAVIDYALAYA
(A Central University established by an Act of Parliament)
SAGAR, (M.P.) - 470 003
Advt. No. : 2012-13/A-NT-/03 Dated : 05-02-2013
Applications in the prescribed format are invited from the eligible candidates for the filling up the following Academic and Non-Teaching posts:-
Code No. Name of Post Department Scale of Pay Details of Post and Category
1. Librarian Jawahar Lal Nehru Library PB-4/37400-67000 (PB-4) AGP 10000 01 (UR)
Detailed information regarding Educational Qualification, Experience, Application Form, Age, etc. can be downloaded from the University website www.dhsgsu.ac.in
. Last date for submission of application is 10-03-2013 upto 5.30 (P.M.). The application should be sent through Registered/Speed Post to the Assistant Registrar (Recruitment), Dr. Hari Singh Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar-470 003 (M.P.).
Code No. Post Librarian - 01 (UR)
Pay Scale PB-4/37400-67000 (PB-4) AGP 10000
Age Limit Not exceeding 55 years
Qualification and Experience Essential:
i) A Master’s Degree in Library Science /Information Science/documentation with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade of B in the UGC seven points scale and consistently good academic record.
ii) At least thirteen years as a Deputy Librarian (AGP 8000/-) in a university library or eighteen years’ experience as a College Librarian (AGP of 6000/).
iii) Evidence of innovative library service and organization of published work.
Desirable: M.Phil/ Ph.D. Degree in library science/ information science / Documentation / archives and manuscript-keeping.
• The minimum requirement of 55% shall not be insisted upon for Librarian and Deputy Librarian, for the existing incumbents who are already in the University system. However, these marks should be insisted upon for those entering the
system from outside and those at the entry point of Assistant Librarian.
• A relaxation of 5% shall be provided at the Master's level to the SC/ST category.
Method of Recruitment Direct recruitment or on Contract for a period of 5 years or till the age of 62 years, whichever is earlier.
Code No. Post Director : Physical Education - 01 (UR)
1. Applicants for Academic Posts such as Librarian, Director (Physical Education), Reader (Associate Professor) are required to fill up API score card and send along with the application form. They are advised to download API proforma from UGC website www.ugc.ac.in
Eligibility for these posts shall be considered as per UGC regulations on Minimum Qualification for appointment of Teaching and other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and measure for the maintenance of standards in higher education 2010 (F-3-1/2009 dated 20th June 2010). Candidates may visit the UGC website www.ugc.ac.in
for more details. Applicants for Assistant Professors are to provide documentary evidence to the effect that the Ph.D was awarded as per the UGC Regulations, 2009.
GENERAL INSTRUCTION FOR CANDIDATES
1. The University reserves the right to :
b) Define the Good Academic Record and subjects covered under relevant/allied/concerned disciplines.
c) offer the post at a level lower than that the post applied for, depending upon the qualifications, experience and performance of the candidates;
d) not to fill up any of the advertised post.
2. Qualifications and other conditions are applicable as stipulated by the MHRD/UGC regulations from time to time.
3. The Rules and procedure & prescribed by the Govt. of India in respect of the Reserved Categories shall be followed as provided in Section 7 of the University Act and as prescribed by the GOI.
4. The University will have the right to relax any of the qualifications, experience, age etc. in exceptionally deserving cases of all posts on the recommendations of the screening and selection committee.
5. Number of posts advertised may be treated as tentative. The university shall have the right to increases/decrease the number of posts at the time of selection and make appointment accordingly.
6. The candidates will be picked up for interview on the basis of marks obtained in the written test, in order of Merit, in the ratio of 10:1 of the vacancies to be filled up.
7. Reservation Policy will be followed as per the Govt. of India Rules. SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates are required to attach the caste/relevant certificate.
8. A relaxation of 5% marks at the Master's level may be provided to the SC/ST/PH category candidates.
9. Relaxation in age, qualification etc. shall be applicable to the SC/ST, OBC and Physically challenged candidates as per rules of the Govt. of India/ UGC. The employees of Central Govt. / State Govt./ Universities/ shall be granted 5 years relaxation in age limit. The age limit shall be determined with reference to all as on the last date for reaching the application.
10. The prescribed essential qualifications are the minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle the candidates to be called for interview. Where the number of applications received in response to an advertisement is large and it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates, the University at its discretion, may restrict the number of candidates to a reasonable limit, which may vary from post to post, on the basis of qualifications, experience, publications etc. higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. The University may constitute an expert committee to scrutinize the applications or process administratively depending upon the number of applications.
11. Candidates with higher qualification may be given preference.
12. The process of selection may be by a presentation/seminar/written test/interview or a combination thereof.
13. Higher initial pay may be given to exceptionally qualified and deserving candidates.
14. Applicants not found suitable for higher positions may be considered for lower position in the same area of specialization.
15. The service conditions including pay scale and age of superannuation shall be as per UGC/ Universities rules/ norms.
16. Canvassing in any form may lead to cancellation of candidature.
17. Incomplete applications or without relevant supporting enclosures (self-attested copies of degree/ certificates/marks sheets/ experience certificate, reprint of important publications, etc) will be out-rightly rejected.
18. Qualifications/Experiences etc. as on last date of submission of applications will only be taken into consideration.
19. The University reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post(s) at any time without giving any reason. Any consequential vacancies arising at the time of interview may also be filled up from the available candidates. The number of positions is thus open to change.
20. The University shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by the candidate at any time during tenure of service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidate has a clandestine antecedents/background for which he has been convicted by any court and has suppressed the said information, then his services shall be terminated.
21. In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after issue of the appointment letter, the University reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidates.
22. Applicant must enclose with application form processing fee of Rs. 500/- for General / OBC category and Rs. 125/- for SC/ST and Handicapped category in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of "Registrar", Dr. Harisingh Gour University, Sagar (Madhaya Pradesh) payable at State Bank of India, University Branch, Branch Code 1143.
23. The application should be sent through Registered/Speed Post to the Assistant Registrar (Recruitment), Dr. Hari Singh Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar-470 003 (M.P.) latest by 10-03-2013 upto 5.30 pm). Application received after this date may not be considered. The University shall not be responsible for postal delay, if any. Envelope containing application should be superscribed the post applied for.
24. SC/ST candidates called for interview will be paid sleeper class TA by train or bus fare through shortest routes as per rules .
25. Separate Application Form and fee is required to be filled up for each post in case candidates intend to apply for more than one post.
26. The in-service candidates should apply through proper channel or produce NOC at the time of interview.
27. In case of any dispute, suite or legal proceedings against the University, the territorial jurisdiction shall be restricted to the High Court of MP.