India’s First & Largest Social Network for Library Professionals
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY BHUBANESWAR
Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar invites applications from Indian nationals for filling up of the following post on direct recruitment/deputation basis.
1. Deputy Librarian – 01 post (Unreserved)
Pay Scale: PB-3 (Rs.15600-39100) with AGP of Rs.8000/-and allowances as admissible.
Essential Qualification & Experience:
I. A Master’s Degree in Library Science/Information Science/Documentation with at least 55% of the marks or its equivalent Grade of B in the UGC seven point scale and a consistently good academic record.
II. Five years’ experience as Assistant University Librarian/College Librarianor Librarian from a reputed institute/organization in Pay Band-3 [Rs.15600 – 39100] with a Grade Pay of Rs.5400/- or its equivalent in IDA scale or more.
Desirable: Evidence of innovative library service and organization of published work and professional commitment, computerization of library.An M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree in Library Science/Information Science/Documentation/Archives and manuscript-keeping/ computerization of library. Experience as an Asst. Librarian in Engineering / Technical Institutes of National Importance like IITs/IISER/IISc/NIT and similar Central Govt. institutions.
1. Application form can be downloaded from Institute website. Completed Applications in the prescribed format along with attested copies of all relevant certificates, mark-sheets, experience certificates, copies of5 years of CRs /APAR from 2007-08 – 2011-12 (in case applying on deputation basis) along with Bank draft must reach The Registrar, Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) Bhubaneswar, Samantapuri, Bhubaneswar -751 013 latest by
General Instructions / Information:
2. Bank Draft from any scheduled commercial bank for Rs.200/-(Rupees Two hundred only) shall be drawn in favour of the “Registrar, IIT Bhubaneswar” and made payable at “Bhubaneswar”. Candidates are requested to write their name and the post applied for on the reverse of Bank Draft. Candidates are advised to write “Name of the post applied for” and “Advertisement No.Rectt/02/Non-Acad/2012-13” on the top of the envelope.
3. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH & Woman category are exempted from payment of fees.
4. The Institute strives to have a work force which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
5. Candidates are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess at least the minimum essential qualifications laid down in the advertisement.
6. Mere eligibility will not vest any right on any candidate for being called for interview. The decision of the Institute in all matters will be final.
Page 1 of 3
7. Candidates should send attested copies of certificates and mark-sheets from matriculation onwards in support of their qualifications.
8. Candidates seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC/PH/Ex-Service men, Sports person must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per eligibility prescribed by the Govt of India. They should also be in possession of the certificates at the time of application.
9. Application fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
10. Application received after the last date, incomplete in any respect and any fresh paper / enclosures after closing date, shall not be considered.
11. Certificate in support of experience should be in proper format as per format given at Annexure-I.
12. Persons employed in Government/Semi-Government Organizations/Autonomous Bodies/ Educational Institutions/ PSUs etc. should submit their applications through proper channel. They may, however, send an advance copy of the application on or before the last date. Those who are unable to process their application through proper channel may submit ‘No Objection Certificate (NOC)’ from present employer during the time of interview. However, they should submit an undertaking to that effect. Direct application from such candidates will not be entertained.
13. The Institute reserves the right to: (a) conduct written/skill tests for the post wherever the circumstances so warrant or may fix a criteria after taking into account the qualification and experience of the applicants without conducting any written test (b) not to fill any of the advertised positions (c) fill consequential vacancies including additional posts arising at the time of interview from available candidates.
14. Eligibility of a candidate with regard to qualification and experience shall be calculated /considered with reference to last date of the receipt for application.
15. The Institute reserves the right to relax experience in exceptional cases for reasons to be recorded in writing, or in the case of persons already holding analogous positions in a Central Technical Institute / University / Research Institutions or in respect of persons holding analogous posts. Relaxation of minimum standards in educational qualification / experience for reserved categories will be as per the current norms prescribed by the MHRD / Govt. of India. A relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% at Master’s level will be provided to SC/ST/PH candidates, wherever admissible, as per MHRD guidelines.
16. The Institute shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at the time of appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidate has a clandestine antecedents/background and has suppressed the said information, then his/her services shall be terminated.
17. No correspondence will be entertained from candidates in connection with the process of selection/interview. Canvassing in any manner would entail disqualification of the candidature.
18. The upper age limit for the post is 50 years. Age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PH/Ex-Serviceman,Central Govt. employees andwomen candidates is applicable as per Govt of India norms.
19. No interim enquires / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter. However, candidates are advised to visit the Institute’s websites www.iitbbs.ac.in for any update in this regard.
20. Application incomplete in any respect and not accompanied by relevant educational marksheets& certificates / experience certificates/Caste Certificates (in case of reserved category)/ photographs / requisite demand draft etc. including those received after last date will be summarily rejected.
Page 2 of 3
1) Duly filled in Application Form in the prescribed format.
Check-list of Documents to be submitted along with the application:
2) Two Latest Passport size colour photographs indicating the date, one pasted on the application form and another to be enclosed with application form.
3) Demand Draft for Rs.200/-(Except for those who are exempted from payment of fees).
4) Attested Copies of all certificates, Mark sheets from SSC/HSC/Matriculation onwards.
5) Attested copies of experience certificates / testimonials.
6) Attested Copies Caste Certificates (SC/ST/OBC), certificates for Persons with Disabilities (PD), Ex-Servicemen, for Central Govt employees certificate of experience issued by the Competent Authorities. In case of OBC category candidates, latest non-creamy layer certificate is essential.
7) In case of deputation from Central/ State Govt including Central Educational Institutes, necessary NOC and vigilance clearance certificates are to be submitted while forwarding the application.
Last Date for submission of application:
kindly go through attachment for post
Add a Comment