LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

Members

We want to create the TN LIS professional association very shortly. Interested LIS staffs are invited to joint to take further steps. please contact me at id sadaapril@gmail.com

Views: 1062

Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Please do the needful. i joined with u sir.

thanks. i will inform the meeting in shortly.

ofcourse Sir I will Join the Association

what step u take against set/net using wrong method and to move appoint librarian in Govt. schools?

what is going on current in salis?

What the use of sepearated from Nation into state LIS website???

Than u will aware and avail within Tamil Nadu matters only.

If u need to creat than better to join in SALIS e-group thats enough for u sir.,

my opinion is uplift LIS and take benifited too. No need for anything in new one.

what step u take against set/net using wrong method and to move appoint librarian in Govt. schools?

what is going on current in salis?

current news against ugc

• Against Denial of JRF Fellowship to 425 ELIGABLE JRF Scholars,
  • Against Faulty Cut-off Criteria and REVERSE RESERVATION in the NET Exam,
  • Against Lack of Transparency and New Rules Introduced Arbitrarily Introduced by UGC!!

N4E Correspondent
New Delhi. JNUSU has called a protest demonstration tomorrow (22 Oct) at the UGC against several anomalies that have come to light related to UGC’s NET/JRF exam. 

• Fund Cuts Denying Financial Assistance to 425 ELIGABLE JRF Scholars: According to a press release issued by the UGC, 3625 students have qualified for the JRF fellowship. However, subsequently, the UGC claims that it has funds only to provide fellowships to 3200 students! What about the remaining 425 students, who have qualified for the JRF fellowship? How can UGC deny them their rights, when they have been deemed ‘eligible’ by the UGC itself? 

• Reverse Reservation and Scuttling of Social Justice: A careful look at the documents released by UGC reveals shameful pattern of “REVERSE RESERVATION”! In as many as 21 disciplines, the cut-off for OBC students is HIGHER than for general category students! For example, in Philosophy, the general category cut-off is 74.42, while the OBC cut-off is 75. Clearly, the UGC has blatantly flouted the BASIC rules of reservation and affirmative action. The OBC students who get marks higher than the general category cut-off should be treated as general category students. It is clear that the UGC has NOT done this, and has in fact treated OBC (and probably SC/ST/PH also) as stand-alone social categories – thus denying several OBC/SC/ST/PH students the right to claim the JRF fellowship. Clearly, this pattern has been followed in all disciplines and social categories, and therefore the scuttling of social justice is on a much wider scale than is apparent right now. 

New Rules, Lack of Transparency: This year, the UGC has announced some NEW criteria for eligibility for NET/JFR. These new rules have been announced in a completely non-transparent manner and that too POST-FACTO, after the NET exams were conducted! This is clearly illegal. Till last year, the UGC had prescribed minimum eligibility criteria for the three papers in the NET exam. This year, a NEW eligibility criteria was introduced, wherein students have to get an certain defined OVERALL aggregate minimum qualifying marks. This rule was not notified before hand, and students suffer from new rules introduced in this high-handed and arbitrary manner. 

JNUSU has called for a protest demonstration in front of the UGC, from 12 pm onwards. 

interested person give u r contact numbers,status for develop association.

it is processing..... please joint and give idea or u r opinion.

the new association name is LISGA(library and information science gratuate association). first general body meeting held on 5.5.2013 at rajaji park, madurai. the next meeing date is 26.5.2013, at that time association member will be selecting.since all the TN lis staffs are participated and express your idea and helping to select suitable person.
it's main aim is, to appoint librarian post at government schools and etc.

we invite all the LIS staff to get our rights

Sir, Thanks, I am ready to join in your team.

send the details to my email .ID shyneemartin@yahoo.com

regards

shyneemartin

next meeting 26.5.2013 sunday at madurai, rajaji park. that meeting is important, because select the association members. inform your friend to participate that meeting.

will you please mention the time

RSS

© 2024   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Koha Workshop