LIS Links Becoming More Social

Latest Activity

Profile IconLIS Links now has leaderboards
2 hours ago
Profile IconRaj Stephan Murmu, Jyoti Amit kumar Solanki, Mumtaz Nazir and 3 more joined LIS Links
3 hours ago
Anant Kulkarni updated their profile
3 hours ago
Bidyut Bikash Kalita was featured
10 hours ago
Dr. Chhavi Jain and Shadiya are now friends
19 hours ago
Reeti Brar is attending Sunita Pareek's event
Thumbnail

Webinar on AI for Libraries at https://meet.google.com/fey-fjee-mdr

December 12, 2025 from 12pm to 2pm
yesterday
Samidha Sandeep Yadav might attend Gopal Pandey's event
Tuesday
shankar das updated their profile
Tuesday
Namita Bayan is attending Dr. Divyanshu Gupta's event
Monday
Namita Bayan might attend Rabishankar Giri's event

ICSSR-Sponsored Three-Day International Seminar on “Archives as Living Memory in the Indian Knowledge Ecosystem” at Presidency University, Kolkata

February 3, 2027 at 10am to February 5, 2027 at 5pm
Monday
Rabishankar Giri posted an event

ICSSR-Sponsored Three-Day International Seminar on “Archives as Living Memory in the Indian Knowledge Ecosystem” at Presidency University, Kolkata

February 3, 2027 at 10am to February 5, 2027 at 5pm
Monday
Dr Praggya Pandey posted a blog post
Monday

KVS Interview Questions held on 22nd February, 2019 at Delhi

Following questions were asked to me in KVS Interview at board no. 1 at morning slot 10.30.

1) What is your present job responsibility in your organisation?

2) In Kolkata how many libraries you have visited so far?

3) Have you ever visited British Council library? What are the purposes behind your used to visit the same?

4) Who is the in-charge in British Council Library in Kolkata?

4) Do you have any concept about green Library?

5) What is classification?

6) What is enumerative classification? how to syntheses the same?

7) Who is the director of National Library presently? ( I told Dr. Arun Kr. Chakraborty but they did not agree with me)

8) You are working in special library but you have to work in school library how to manage the students in school?

So and so forth other questions are also asked to me from my bio-data related to education etc.

They are really good interviewer as per my perception. It is not that I have done excellent but I try to communicate in every way to present my knowledge.

I am giving thanks to all of them who earlier shared their valuable experiences about KVS interview.

Their discussions on forum helped me a lot to gain knowledge about the same.

Views: 2904

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

I may be wrong, however very recently I heard that Dr. K. K. Kochukoshy, former Librarian, Central Reference Library took over the charge as Director of National Library of India. I think he took the charge on 9th February, 2019.

Dear Sir,

            I was also little bit confused in my interview time to listen my answer about the same, they disagree with me that's why I told them that it may be changed a few days ago but I don't know  exact answer Sir. After listen this one board member told me that his friend is there now. I did not make any argument for this further with them.

It was not my day..
However I tried my best but they were not happy

They asked me questions related to history and I was unable to answer those..

1) Who was Gopalachari?

2) Name two books of Gokhle.

3) Who was Bhave?
4) Name two books of Gandhiji.

5)What do you know about our national movement?

6)In what way you will aware students about our national movements?

7) Procedure to install koha and Difference between Koha and Dspace.

8) Structural difference between Early and modern computers.

9) Name two font types of MS Word.

10) What is 'Justify' in MS Word?

11) Difference between CPU and UPS.

12) DDC Class number of Social Science,Education and Economis.

Dear Colleague,

                   Please don't worry anything can be happened. Let's see the final result.

Yes..

Let's see..

Hope for the best

Dr K Kochukoshy is took charge as Officer on Special Duty (OSD) National library of India and  the Joint Secretary is the additional Charge of Director General National Library of India, Kolkata

Dr K.K. Kochukoshy is took charge as Officer on Special Duty (OSD) National library of India and  the Joint Secretary is the additional Charge of Director General National Library of India, Kolkata

Dear Sir,

            So, It is confirmed that Dr. Arun Kr. Chakraborty is not in that position. Join Secretary has taken the additional charge for Director General of National Library. National library's website is not working for last few days due to server problem and wiki is not updated still now.

Who were in there in the panel? Please mention the names. 

 

Dear Munesh Ji,

                        How it is possible to know the names of panel members? There were total five members in my panel among them three were madam.

Pls. Give watsapp all. 

I wil make a. Intrview group

8675799554 

pls add me in that watsapp interview group..

RSS

© 2026   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

LIS Links whatsApp