LIS Links

First and Largest Academic Social Network of LIS Professionals in India

Members

Authority for the recruitment for the post of librarian in degree colleges in Uttar Pradesh

Learned colleagues

I wish to know that who is the Authority (UPPSC/ Higher Education Commission/ College Management) for the recruitment for the post of librarian in aided and government degree colleges in Uttar Pradesh.

Views: 1075

Reply to This

Replies to This Forum

Ray sir
You are right, in all the states the recruitment and selection for the post of librarian in degree college is being done by Higher Education Commission or State PSC, but in UP there is no body authorised to recruit the librarian.

Our professional associations are suffering from sleeping sickness.............
Ray sir
You are right, in all the states the recruitment and selection for the post of librarian in degree college is being done by Higher Education Commission or State PSC, but in UP there is no body authorised to recruit the librarian.

Our professional associations are suffering from sleeping sickness.............

Dear Dr. Pachauri,

Thanks  for your post. I am sorry to learn about the prevailing situation  in UP.

The Associations often take lukewarm attitude towards such issues as they have to go against the Government.  As I presume, it can only be possible if tere exist a separate Association for the College Librarians. In West Bengal, the WBCLA, (West Bengal College Library Association) has been fighting since 1981.  But the irony is that when the orders have been passed and the Librarians got the payment , the WBCLA appealed to the members for  donation to the Association to create a corpus fund for future struggles.. Interestingly, a number of the members, especially the new entrants who got all the benefits virtually effortlessly from their part,did not come forward to contribute. It is exactly as the proverb goes: When Danger is gone, God is forgotten!! I have mentioned this to let all know that not only the associations, but also the members are equally opportunists!

Sincerely,

Siddhartha S. Ray, Calcutta

RSS

© 2024   Created by Dr. Badan Barman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Koha Workshop