India’s First & Largest Social Network for Library Professionals
Answer Keys of Paper - 1 : Teaching & Research Aptitude ( Not Final)
1. The English word 'communication' is derived from the words
A. Communis and Communicare
2. Chinese Cultural Revolution leader Mao Zedong used a type of communication to talk to the masses is known as
A. Mass line communication
3. Conversing with the spirits and ancestors is termed as
A. Transpersonal communication
4. The largest circulated daily news paper among the following is
A. the times of India
5. The pioneer of the silent feature film in India was
D. Dada Sahib Phalke
6. Classroom communication of a teacher rests on the principle of
7. The missing number in the series 0, 6, 24, 60, 120, 336, is
8. A group of 7 members having a majority of boys is to be formed out of 6 boys and 4 girls. The number of ways the group can be formed is
9. The number of observations in a group is 40. The average of the first 10 members is 4.5 and the average of the remaining 30 members is 3.5. The average of the whole group is
10. If MOHAN is represented by the code KMFYL, then COUNT will be represented by
11. The sum of the ages of two persons A and B is 50. 5 years ago, the ratio of their ages was 5/3. The present age of A and B are
A. 30, 20
12. let a means (-), b means multiplied by (*), c means divided by (/) and D means (+). The value of 90 D 9 a 29 C 10 b 2 is
13. Consider the Assertion- I and Assertion II and select the right code given below:
Assertion- I :Even Bank-lockers are not safe. Thieves can break them and take away your wealth. But thieves can not go to heaven. So you should keep your wealth in heaven.
Assertion – II the difference of skin colour of being is because of the distance from
the sun and not because of some permanent traits Skin- Colour is the result of body’s reaction to the sun and its rays.
A. Both the assertions I and II are forms of argument.
14. By which of the following proposition, the proposition ‘some men are not honest’ us contradicted?
A. All men are honest
15. A stipulative definition is
D. neither true nor false
16. Choose the appropriate alternative given in the codes to replace the question mark. Examiner- Examinee, Pleader-client, Preceptor- ?
17. if the statement ‘most of the student are obedient’ is taken to be true which one of the following pair of statements can be claimed to be true?
I.All obedient persons are students.
II.All students are obedient.
III. Some students are obedient
IV. Some students are not disobedient
C. III & IV
18. Choose the right Code:
A deductive argument claims that:
I.The conclusion does not claim something more than that which is contained in the premises
II.The conclusion is supported by the premise/premises conclusively.
III. If the conclusion is false, then premise/premises may be either true or false
IV. If premise/combination of premises is true, then conclusion must be true.
D.All the above
Table Questions: 19 to 24
19. How many activities in the social services are there where the expenditure has been less than 5 percent of the total expenditures incurred on the social services in 2008-2009?
20. In which year, the expenditures on the social services have increased at the highest rate?
21. Which of the following activities remains almost stagnant in terms of share of expenditure?
(C) Information & broadcasting
22. Which of the following item’s expenditure share is almost equal to the remaining three items in the given years?
D.social welfareand nutrition
23. Which of the following items of social services has registered the highest rate of in expenditures during 2007-08 to 2010- 11?
B. welfare to SC/ST&OBC
24. Which of the following items has registered the highest rate of decline in terms of expenditure during 2007-08 to 2009-10
A.labour and employment
25. ALU stands for
D.Arithmetic Logic Unit
26. A personal Computer uses a number of chips mounted on a circuit board called
27. Computer Virus is a
28. Which one of the following is correct?
29.The file extension of MS-word document in Office 2007 is
30. -------------- is the protocol used by e-mail clients to download e-mail clients to
31. Which of the following is a source of methane?
32. ‘Minamata disaster’ in Japan was caused by pollution due to
33. Bio magnifications means increase in the
A.concentration of pollutants in living organisms
34. Nagoya protocol is related to
35. The second most important source after fossil fuels contributing to India’s energy
C. hydro power
36. In case of earthquakes an increase of magnitude I on Richter Scale implies
A.A tenfold increase in the amplitude of seismic waves
37. Which of the following is not a measure of Human Development Index?
C. Sex Ratio
38. India has the highest number of students in colleges after
B. The U.S.A.
39. Which of the following Statements is/are not correct about the Attorney General Of?
1.the president appoints a person who is qualified to be a judge of a High court, to be the Attorney general of India
2.he has the right of audience in all the courts of the country
3.he has the right to take part in the proceedings of the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha
4.he has a fixed tenure
Select the correct answer from the codes given below
A. 1 and 4
40. Which of the following prefix president pranab Mukherjee desires to be discontinued while interacting with Indian dignitaries as well as in official noting?
1. His Excellency2. Mahamahim
3. Hon’ble4. Shri/Smt.
Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
C. 1 and 2
41. Which of the following can be done under conditions of financial emergency?
1.State Legislative Assemblies can be abolished.
2.Central government can acquire control over the budget and expenditure of States.
3.Salaries of Judges of the High Courts and Supreme Court can be reduced.
4.Right to constitutional remedies can be suspended.
Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
C. 1 and 2
42. Match List – I with List –II and select the correct answer from the codes given below:
LIST- I LIST-II
(a)Poverty reduction programme (i) Mid-day Meals
(b)Human Development Scheme(ii) Indira Awas Yojana
(c)Social Assistance Scheme(iii) National Old Age Pension
(d) Minimum Need Scheme(iv) MNREGA
43. For an efficient and durable learning, learner should have
D.desired level of ability and motivation
44. Classroom communication must be
B. Student centric
45. The best method of teaching is to
D.Initiate a discussion and participate in it
46. “Spare the rod and spoil the child”,
Gives the message that
C. Undesirable behaviour must be punished.
47. Interaction inside the classroom should generate
48. The type of communication that the teacher has in the classroom, is termed as’
C. Group communication
49. Which one of the following is an indication of the quality of a research journal?
50. Good ‘research ethics’ means
A.Not disclosing the holdings of shares/stocks in a company that sponsors yourresearch.
51. Which of the following sampling methods is based on probability?
52. Which one of the following references is written according to American Psychological Association (APA) format?
A.Sharma, V. (2010). Fundamentals of Computer Science.
New Delhi: Tata Mc.graw Hill
53. Arrange the following steps of research in correct sequence:
1.identification of research problem
2.listing of research objectives
3.Collection of data
6.Result and discussion
B. 1 – 2 – 4 – 3 – 5 – 6
54. Identify the incorrect statement:
D.Scientific hypothesis is a scientific theory.
Passage questions (50 to 60) :
55. The popular view about the process of urbanization in developing countries is
56. The average annual increase in the number of urbanites in developing countries, from 1950 to 2000 A.D. was close to
A. 30 million
57. The reality of urbanization is reflected in
A.How well the situation has been managed.
58. Which one of the following is not considered as an indicator of urban quality of life?
A.tempo of urbanization
59.The author in this passage has tried to focus on
60. In the above passage, the author intends to state
D.the limits to growth
Thank you very much for sharing the answers with us.
thank u sir
Thanx a Lot Sir
paper 2 answers pls visit ........
Thank u sir
some answers are wrong
If you feel any answers are wrong, mention it and if you know the answers for that please post it
good job. Thank you for good work.
very good job
keep it up
Good work . I think you spent lot of time. Without any expectation doing this kind of work in service motto is really superb.
You can check ur score of first paper from below link also..